Personal protection comes in many forms - and for many, pepper spray gives them the security they need to run without fear.
I believe that basic knowledge of self-defense should be first and foremost in any situation, however, pepper spray can provide an extra layer of security provided that you can access it quickly and easily and you know how to properly use it.
Wrist Guardians is a product that allows for quick and easy access to pepper spray, while also keeping it secured to the wicking fabric with the chain (long enough that the canister reaches your hand) and also secured with elastic loops so it stays snug while running.
These features together, along with the sliding safety nozzle, avoid risk of accidental discharge, while still allowing easy access (I tend to hold the canister in my hand when I'm in a dangerous area or if I get the creeps - trust your instincts)!
If you DO carry pepper spray - know how to use it properly:
- Slide the safety over to expose the nozzle
- Scream "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME, MOTHERFUCKER" (or improvise)
- Press the button with your THUMB and dispense in a zig-zag pattern (to get it in his eyes, mouth, skin, lungs, etc). Spray that shit everywhere!
- RUN! Call 911 Recall as much detail about the perp as you can - height, weight, skin tone, clothing, any identifying marks (besides the blinded guy crying on the ground choking and gasping helplessly).
MARATHON-TESTED (by yours truly): My "Wonder Woman" Wrist Guardian stored 26.2 miles worth of snacks (um.. I mean "fuel") during the Chicago Marathon - a Clif Bar, Honey Stinger Waffle, Jelly Belly Sports Beans, Nuun tablets, and my medical insurance card (just in case they had to drag my body off the course - which wasn't all that far off).
Check out the intensity with which I am running the marathon....... Did I mention you can fit A LOT of snacks in this?
Enter to win your own Wrist Guardian and Pepper Spray now by completing BOTH steps:
1) Make sure to enter your email under "Get Connected" at the very bottom of this page.
2) Fill out entry form at NTMF & Wrist Guardians GIVEAWAY!